When you are planning a move, it helps to keep track of your all of your related documents so you can easily access them at short notice. Keep your Bill of Lading with you in case you need to call your mover with questions about your shipment. If you need to store some of your goods, it’s a good idea to tour the actual warehouse of the mover you’re planning to use. Look for organization, security, cleanliness, etc.
- After you’ve thoroughly cleaned and dried the inside of your refrigerator, put a handful of fresh coffee, baking soda and place it inside to keep the interior smelling fresh.
- Pack your current phone book to take with you so you can call people that are in the same town you just moved from in the event your internet connection is not activated quickly.
- Before the van foreman or manager leaves for your new residence, make sure you give him a phone number where you can be reached. It is also a good idea to provide him with an alternate contact in case you can’t be reached.
- At your new location, consider having the TV and VCR hooked up first to occupy the kids while the rest of the van is being unloaded, this will help keep them out of the way of the movers and get them comfortable with the new surroundings.
- Arrange for a friend to watch your pet at their house on moving day.
- Let your PC get to room temperature before plugging it in to avoid power supply failures.
- Rely on your moving company to help guide you through all of the details during the pre-move and moving process.